Monday, December 05, 2005

The 2005 CX season is over. I'm glad. But I miss it already.

It's been 24 hours since my 2005 cyclocross campaign officially came to a close, but it feels like months already. I've come to terms with my results, both the successes and failures in my preparation and in the racing. I've accomplished a lot...more than I'd expected really, though I'll admit that I did start to dream of world domination early in the racing season.

I'm glad it's over. I think it was a mere 14 races, four separate race series, and I finished in the top 6 in all but three, and landed in the prizes or on the podium more days than not. Hardly a failure, though I learned that unless you win everything, you're never really happy.

So what next? I must admit, for all the dreaming I did earlier in the year of this point, of having it all behind me, and nothing but freedom and whimsy ahead of me. Ride whatever I want, whenever and wherever. No more discipline. No more training. No more anything, unless it sounds fun, at least for a while, until it's time to start lazy base rides for 2006.

But what's odd...I can't wait to start training. I'll get 2 hours in tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm going to take my time off, but I want to make sure I do that properly, and start trainining in hearnest as soon as it's time. I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

Guess I'm not done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home