Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving day and I'm blogging from my InLaw's house. Thinking about racing. I can't/won't be driving up to Nevada to visit my parents tomorrow/this weekend, because the Chemo has my dad's white blood cell count too low for company and the risk of a complicating cold or something. And the weather's dicey too. So we'll stick around. I'm glad to miss the driving but sad to miss my parents.

On the upside, I can whimsically hop into the CCCX #4 race. I'm not sure how I'll feel. Last week after Surf City #3 I did everything wrong in terms of post-race recovery, although I did skip the SFGP to the disappointment of Paul Sadoff and a few other CX friends, but that might have been smart. I've ridden a bit, moderately on Tuesday and moderately again yesterday (from LG to Belmont) and I feel okay. Not great, but okay. It's always so hard to tell, and my internal form/fitness compass is notoriously inaccurate, so who knows.

What I DO know is this. It's Thanksgiving weekend and therefore probably not the biggest weekend for CX racing in the Central Coast series, especially after the demanding double GP weekend prior. And it looks like Samples is the dominant force at CCCX, the series doesn't seem to draw many other high caliber riders. So a top 3 finish is a very real possibility for me. I'm strong, and by Sunday I'll be well rested and motivated, and besides that, it's really just a training race anyway. The real action comes on the following weekend at the Pilarcitos SuperPrestige series finals, Dec 3-4.

But if Sunday and CCCX goes well, I might just win a medal (sweet!) and get enough points to have a go at the rest of the season. We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home